Creating a new project is quick and easy, which is exactly what you need! Just add items and send. What do you do if the job is bigger and your quote needs to include specific details about the work to be done such as dimensions, materials, disposal, work area clean up, and payment terms?
As you are building your project, create $0 line items and use the item name field to capture details.
- Click + Add Items.
- Click Create New Item.
- Enter additional details in the Item Name field you would like to appear on your quote. For example, includes removal of existing driveway or Payment due on completion of work. Be careful! The project will list your items in the order they are created/added so be sure to think about the overall sequence before you start adding.
- Date is optional, but it makes sense to include something that aligns with your overall project date(s).
- Price Per Unit is $0 as these are additional details about the job that are included in the total cost.
- Item ID and Budget Code are optional fields that can be leveraged if it is helpful for your accounting procedures.
- Select Non-Taxable as there isn't a price or tax to assess on the information being provided.
- If you think you will use the same item again for other projects, check the box next to Add to Item Library.
- Click Create!