Turning on email alerts in the merchant portal sends notifications right to your inbox for various activities on your merchant account. This saves you precious time because you only need to login when action is required instead of constantly checking the portal to monitor your account.
- Within the merchant portal, go to the Admin section in the left sidebar.
- Click Email Alerts.
- To turn on an email alert, simply move the toggle to the right so it lights up.
- Alerts will automatically be sent to the email associated with your username. If you need the alerts to go to a different address or you want to send them to multiple addresses, click the caret on the left side to expand.
- Go to Send Email Alerts To and change the email (if applicable)
- Click + on the right and add an additional email address (if applicable).
- Repeat this process until all recipients are added.
- Click Save next to the on/off toggle.
The following alerts are recommended for new users but pick and choose which ones work best for you.
Each notification in this section is related to your deposit activity.
- Disbursement Requested = Transactions were added to your account balance, which created a deposit.
- Disbursement Processing = A deposit has been sent to your bank account. All deposits are sent at 6pm eastern time (excludes weekends and bank holidays).
- Disbursement Processed = A deposit was successfully sent to your bank.
- Disbursement Failed = A deposit did not send successfully.
- Disbursement Denied = A deposit was sent successfully but it was not accepted by your banking institution.
- Disbursement Returned = Your financial institution returned a deposit.
Each notification in this section is related to account holders (your customers) disputing payments with their bank.
- Chargeback Opened = The chargeback case is accepting responses. You can either submit a response to dispute the cardholder's claims or you can confirm your accept liability.
- Chargeback Closed = The final decision in the case has been made and the case is closed.
- Chargeback Created = A customer has disputed a payment with their bank.
- Chargeback Lost = A decision has been made and the case has been awarded in the customer's favor.
- Chargeback Won = A decision has been made and the case has been awarded in your favor.
Each notification in this section is related to the lifecycle of a transaction as is processes through your account.
- Transaction Created = A transaction was created. Not necessary as you will be notified of this within the Project 2 Payment portal.
- Transaction Approved = A transaction was approved. Not necessary as you will be notified of this within the Project 2 Payment portal.
- Transaction Failed = A transaction was not approved. Not necessary as you will be notified of this within the Project 2 Payment portal.
- Transaction Captured = A transaction has been submitted for settlement. This alert could be useful for eCheck payments.
- Transaction Settled = A transaction has settled. This alert could be useful for eCheck payments as they take longer than cards to settle.
- Transaction Returned = A payment that was originally approved was returned by the financial institution. This is an important alert so you know to collect another payment from your customer.
After you enable these alerts and get used to them, you can always come back to the merchant portal anytime to turn off any that are not useful or cause too much noise in your inbox.