Adding a project allows you to build out an estimate to send to your customer. Some great options you can take advantage of with this feature are requiring customer approval of the project and/or collecting a down payment before any work begins .
- Go to Projects in the left sidebar.
- Click the Add Project button in the upper right corner.
- Project Name (required) = give your project a unique name
- Customers (required) = access your list of existing customers to select which one should be attached to this project
- Start Date = select the date in the future when the project will begin
- Project Address = enter your customer's address
- Click the +Add Items button to begin building your project.
- If you already have items saved in your library, choose Select From Library. Select as many items as you need for your project and click Add to Project. If the item(s) for your invoice were not previously created in the Item Library, click Create New Item and complete the form.
- Review the list of items before you continue to the next section making sure to add start dates and adjust quantities as necessary.
Indicate whether a down payment is required or not. When you select yes, a specific percentage will automatically calculate the down payment dollar amount or a specific down payment dollar amount will calculate the percentage for you.
Only check the box next to Take Payment Now if you will be entering the payment on behalf of your customer right now. If you do not have payment information at this time, you will be able to email a payment form to your customer to complete online.
Enter your customer's email address. If you selected a customer in the Project Details section, the email associated with that customer will automatically appear. If you have more than one recipient, one box does not support multiple addresses. Click +Add Email for each additional address.
Use the box provided to add a custom message to the email your customer will receive about this pending project.
Click Send to Customer to create and send the project for approval.