First, you need to pull up the existing project.
- Go to Projects.
- Locate the correct project in the list.
- Click Details.
- Scroll down to the Invoices section
Create an Invoice
- Click Create Invoice.
- The total amount left to invoice on the project will appear at the top of the page above itemized details for your project. This may or may not be the total amount for your project.
- Select the items you wish to include on this invoice by clicking the checkmark on the left side of the screen.
- Adjust the Qty and Invoice Amount fields according to what needs to be billed.
- Project 2 Payment will automatically calculate the total amount due based on the line items you create. If you collected a down payment when the project was created/accepted, the software will automatically apply the credit to the invoice.
Next, select how you want to collect the payment.
The Send for Payment option will automatically send a copy of the invoice to your customer along with a link to a payment page. This allows your customer to initiate payment when it is most convenient for them. Our pre-made email templates are very professional and clearly explain what actions are required so you don't have to do anything. However, if you need to send additional details that were not included in the invoice line items, there is space provided to include a customer message.
To use the Take Payment Now option, select an option from the Payment Method dropdown box.
- Customer's saved payment method - use this option to process a payment electronically. Saved credit cards and bank accounts (if applicable) are managed under Customers.
- Create New Method - use this option when presented with a new electronic payment method that has not been previously used or saved by this customer. Be sure to complete all required fields to process the payment, including name on account and billing address.
- Take Cash - use this option to mark the invoice as paid when the customer hands you cash for payment. You are responsible for making the deposit at your financial institution.
- Take a Paper Check - use this option to mark the invoice as paid when a customer hands you a paper check for payment. You are responsible for making the deposit at your financial institution.
Use the box provided to add a custom message to the email your customer will receive about this pending project.
Enter your customer's email address. If you selected a customer in the Project Details section, the email associated with that customer will automatically appear. If you have more than one recipient, one box does not support multiple addresses. Click +Add Email for each additional address.
Click Send Invoice to send invoice details to your customer.