If you find yourself repeatedly creating similar projects that require minimal customization for each customer, use the duplicate project button to save time!
- Go to Projects in the left sidebar.
- Locate the project you wish to duplicate.
- Click Duplicate Project.
- Project name (required) = the name automatically copies from the original project with (duplicate) added to the end. For best practice, change the name to give your new project a unique name.
- Customer (required) = use the dropdown to select one of your existing customers to attach to the project.
- Start Date = select the date when the project is expected to begin.
- Project Address = if the project address is different than the customer's address, check the box and add a project address.
- Review the line items copied over from the original project paying close attention to the date and quantities. Make any necessary adjustments.
- Down Payment = conditions were copied from the original project. Review the details and make any necessary adjustments.
- Payment Method = your customer's default saved payment method will automatically populate. If directed by your customer to use a different payment method, choose another from the dropdown or select a new payment method such as a new card or bank account, cash, or a paper check.
- Emails = your customer's email address will automatically populate. Use the Add Email link to add multiple addresses for emails.
Message to Customer = use the box provided to add a custom message to the email your customer will receive about the project.
- Click Create Project.
A copy of the project will be sent to your customer's email address for review and approval. If you checked the box to take a down payment now, the payment is processed as soon as the Create Project button is clicked.